- Official Name: The Friendship Force of South Taranaki Inc.
- Club Membership: 38
- Number of Ambassadors our club can host: Up to 16
- Membership Subscriptions: $40 per person
- Closest major airport: New Plymouth
- Transport to South Taranaki: Air New Zealand (www.airnewzealand.co.nz) operates frequent flights in and out of our nearest airport of New Plymouth. A bus can be arranged for the hour travel to Hawera. Bus services from other centres pass through our town. Our local bus company can arrange to pick up and bring Ambassadors to Hawera. This can be either direct or over several days so that Ambassadors can further experience and have a scenic view of our beautiful country.
About the club
Formed in July 1986, the South Taranaki Friendship Force is one of several clubs located in the lower half of the North island. Our club is centered in Hawera, a town with a population of approximately 10,000; members live with in a radius of 25 km. We like to welcome two or three inward journeys each year and try to have one outward journey. Our members may also join other clubs' journeys. We have approximately 38 members (many retired and semi-retired).